Accompanying Measures

Through the “weltwärts” accompanying measures, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is promoting measures which encourage the quality of the “weltwärts” programme and raise its profile as a development learning service.

If you would like to undertake accompanying measures in your country, you can apply for funding together with your German partner organisation. Only applicants from Germany are eligible, i.e. all charitable host and sending organisations that are recognised as part of the “weltwärts” programme – or host organisations and their associations, as well as recognised charitable associations of returning volunteers.

An accompanying measure can be up to a maximum of 24 months long. The current funding priorities are for example:

  • Qualification and training to improve education and mentoring of the volunteers who come from Germany or are sent to Germany, for example training courses for mentors
  • Cooperation and networking between host and sending organisations, for example at partner conference
  • Funding of the integration of volunteers groups, which up until now have not been well represented at weltwärts, e.g. volunteers with vocational education or with disabilities

There are two application deadlines within the year for accompanying measures: Measures that start between May and September must be applied for by 1st January. Measures that start between October and April of the following year can be applied for up until 1st June. The BMZ will cover up to 75 per cent of the costs of an accompanying measure. Raising the funds for the remaining 25 % can be a challenge for many organizations.

For more information have a look at

If you would like to initiate an accompanying measure, please contact your German partner organization.

This website uses cookies to provide necessary site functionality and improve your online experience. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies. More information

Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um das beste Surferlebnis zu ermöglichen. Wenn du diese Website ohne Änderung der Cookie-Einstellungen verwendest oder auf "Akzeptieren" klickst, erklärst du sich damit einverstanden.